|Home||Who we are||Why you need us||What we do||What our clients say about us|
|How it works||What it costs||How to contact us||Resources|
Who we are
(and what we believe)
WriteRight Editing© is a service to people and organisations wanting to communicate well in written English.
In a world where the written word is often used to confuse, manipulate, and mislead people, we're passionate about the importance of saying things clearly, plainly, and honestly.
We'll help anyone who feels the same. But we particularly want to support you if:
A little history
WriteRight Editing was founded in 2003 by a graduate in linguistics, with distinction, from Rhodes University. (He also studied English literature and Xhosa, among other courses.)
A newspaper journalist after graduating, he has had wide experience in Southern Africa and Australia as an editor, columnist, book reviewer, contributor to international journals, desktop publisher, trainer, and speaker. He is also the author of two published books and of a modest collection of poetry (most of it unpublished, with good reason).
The editing work is currently undertaken by two associate editors, with quality control done by the founder editor.
Keeping good company
WriteRight has edited documents for the following:
- The Ecumenical Service for Socio-Economic Transformation
- The Theological Education by Extension College (Southern Africa)
- Responding to Conflict, a UK-based NGO that teaches skills and strategies for peace
- A software company in Germany
- A support web site for users of Oracle software
- The South African Journal of Industrial Engineering (based at Stellenbosch University)
- The professional business journal Management Dynamics
- post-graduate students at the University of the Witwatersrand, the University of Johannesburg the Gordon Institute of Business Science in Johannesburg, the University of Cape Town, the University of the Free State, and the School of Business at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (Port Elizabeth)
and for many individuals — a novelist, an historian, an engineering academic...
He has also done pro bono work for a variety of organisations, groups, and individuals.
Contact him by e-mail here.
© WriteRight Editing 2007. Last updated on 21 April, 2009
Design by Cyril Pink Frog WTP